1. What is NSLDS? The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the national database of information about loans and grants awarded to students under Title IV of the Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965. NSLDS provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants during their complete life cycle, from aid approval through disbursement, repayment, deferment, delinquency, and closure.
dos. What are the sources on guidance kept in the NSLDS database? Information and data for NSLDS is received from the following sources:
- Guaranty Firms, having information regarding the brand new Government Members of the family Student loan Program (FFELP)
- Institution away from Student loan Servicers (ED Servicers)
- Service out of Knowledge Business collection agencies Functions (DCS), to own information about defaulted funds held because of the Service away from Training
- Lead Loan Servicing (DLS), for information about Federal Lead Student education loans
- Well-known Origination and you will Disbursement (COD), for Government Grant Apps suggestions
- Conditional Disability Discharge Recording System (CDDTS), to have impairment loan guidance
- Main Control Program (CPS), having aid applicant information
- Schools, to have details about Federal Perkins Loan Program, scholar registration and you may help overpayments.
step 3. How many times is the recommendations and you can analysis updated towards NSLDS program? Schools or their servicers report Perkins loan information monthly. Schools or their servicers report overpayments within 30 days of discovery of the overpayment. The DCS and DLS report information weekly. COD reports information daily on Pell, IASG, SMART and ACG grants. Schools and guaranty agencies also report enrollment at least monthly.
4. Must i posting loan suggestions and private identifiers online? For almost all users, the answer is ”No.” Schools do not have the ability to update title loans TN loans or personal identifiers online. However, limited users from a GA can update loan related information online.
Just investigation team can also be enhance financing relevant pointers, constantly because of their typical submittals so you can NSLDS
5. Just what section of the website can i used to match the Pounds needs? The FATs (Financial Aid Transcripts) are no longer a requirement. With postscreening and the introduction of the transfer monitoring process, schools are no longer required to respond to requests for paper FATs.
6. How do i highly recommend advancements or transform into web site? We encourage your comments. Please call the NSLDS Customer Support Center at 1-800-999-8219 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 9:00 pm ET or email us at
To own a specific company’s financing reporting schedule, seek the business with the Data Seller Plan hook to the new Org case
seven. Whenever is the NSLDS site readily available? The NSLDS web site is available from 6am Monday (Eastern Time) to 7pm Saturday. Typically, the site is also available from 7pm Saturday to 5am Sunday and from 11am Sunday to 6pm Sunday, although outages may occur for system maintenance.
8. How do i contact the latest NSLDS Customer service Cardio if I am a different university? The NSLDS Customer Support Center may be contacted by phone at 1-800-999-8219 or by email at
9. ‘s the web site secure? Yes. The first step is the use of a secure browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 11.x or above. Certain browsers and certain computers have the ability to communicate securely by scrambling the information as it passes across the Internet. The method of communication is called SSL, or Secure Sockets Layer. We require the use of a secure browser before a connection can be made to NSLDS. After you reach us using the secure browser, the information is also scrambled again to ensure only authorized NSLDS users can read it. The security of the system should always be your number one priority.