- Syntactic framework. It design represent the systems to own specifying the brand new official speech sentence structure off RIF reason languages from the focusing brand new presentation sentence structure of the structure. Brand new speech sentence structure is utilized in RIF so you’re able to establish this new semantics of the languages and also to illustrate the main information with instances. It syntax is not supposed to be a tangible syntax for the newest dialects; it departs away information including the delimiters of the various syntactic components, parenthesizing, precedence of providers, and so on. Just like the RIF are an enthusiastic interchange style, they spends XML as its simply real sentence structure.
- Semantic design. The fresh new semantic structure refers to the newest components that are used in indicating the fresh new models of RIF reasoning dialects.
- XML serialization design. So it framework defines the overall standards one reason languages should be use in indicating the real XML-created syntaxes. For every dialect, the concrete XML sentence structure try a derivative of dialect’s speech sentence structure. It can be recognized as a beneficial serialization of that sentence structure.
- Constants and details. These words are common to the majority reasoning dialects.
- Positional terms and conditions. These terminology are https://datingranking.net/beautifulpeople-review/ commonly utilized in very first-buy logic. RIF-FLD defines positional conditions from inside the a slightly a lot more standard means from inside the purchase to allow dialects with high-purchase syntax, such as HiLog [CKW93] and you may Relfun [RF99].
- Terminology which have titled objections. Talking about such positional terms and conditions aside from for each and every disagreement regarding good label is named while the purchase of your arguments was immaterial. Terms with entitled arguments generalize the very thought of rows during the relational tables, in which column titles match argument brands.
- Lists. These types of terminology match lists when you look at the reason coding, and are usually found in might Reason Dialect. Restricted brands ones terms are utilized regarding the Core Dialect while the Creation Statutes Dialect.
- Structures. A-frame label means an assertion from the an object and its own properties. These types of words correspond to molecules out-of F-logic [KLW95]. Discover syntactic similarity anywhere between terminology with titled arguments and structures, once the functions (or qualities) regarding an object resemble titled objections. However, this new semantics ones conditions are different (select Part Semantic Structures).
- Group. This type of words are accustomed to determine the brand new subclass and group registration matchmaking. There are two kinds of classification terms and conditions: registration terms and you may subclass conditions. Such as for instance structures, these terms was in fact lent away from F-logic [KLW95].
- Equality. These words are used to associate most other terms.
pred:numeric-equivalent or pred:boolean-equal). Those predicates have fixed interpretations, which coincide with the interpretation of the equality terms defined in this document when the latter are evaluated over data types. General use of equality terms is supported in systems such as FLORA-2 [FL2], and special cases are also allowed in Relfun [RF99].
Terms are then used to define several types of RIF-FLD formulas. RIF dialects can choose to permit all or some of the aforesaid categories of terms. In addition, RIF-FLD introduces extension points, one of which allows the introduction of new kinds of terms. An extension point is a keyword that is not a syntactic construct per se, but a placeholder that is supposed to be replaced by specific syntactic constructs of an appropriate kind. RIF-FLD defines several types of extension points: symbols (NEWSYMBOL), connectives (), quantifiers (NEWQUANTIFIER), aggregate functions (NEWAGGRFUNC), and terms (NEWTERM).
But not, beyond your investigation items, the new interpretation of equality conditions may differ that is computed by items in RIF data files
Symbol areas partition the newest band of non-logical symbols you to definitely correspond to personal constants, predicates, and procedures, and every partition will be offered its own semantics. A symbol place has actually an identifier and good lexical area, and therefore talks of the fresh “shape” of the signs for the reason that icon room. Particular symbol spaces into the RIF are used to select Websites organizations and their lexical room includes strings that syntactically look like internationalized investment identifiers [RFC-3987], or Iris (elizabeth.g., Almost every other icon places are used to show brand new datatypes necessary for RIF (such as for instance,